It's probably the case that Oracle has built the drivers themselves, so a
programming language would just need a wrapper library around the direct
driver (similar things exist for MySQL, Postgres, etc.).

But what Stefan said still applies, someone would have to take the
initiative to build the wrapper library around the Oracle driver and
provide a Julia package. Probably not a terribly hard project (basically
lots of ccalls and some julia-level interface design), but where ODBC
provides a connection more-or-less out of the box, it cuts down a little on
the pressing need.

-Jacob