What about:

immutable fromClibWithCfinalizer{ sizeofThisType, digitsofSignificand, Both }
  exponent ::NTuple{ Both, UInt32 )

function fromClibWithCfinalizer( _ )
  Both = fn( sizeofThisType, digitsOfSignificand )
  fromClibWithCfinalizer{sizeofThisType, digitsOfSignificand, Both}(_)
end

This way you end up with one more parameter, but maybe ok?