Pkg.add fetches the latest published version of the package (which resides
in Metadata). That is not necessarily the master version.
This is so that package developers working on new features don't
inadvertently break a lot of folks' code. That being said, it is up to the
package developer to tag and publish new versions to ensure that bug fixes
reach users.