When you run a login terminal in Julia, your HOME is set differently than
outside of Cygwin. You could set the environment variable JULIA_PKGDIR to
your normal package directory. Note that if you're using Julia 0.4, you
should avoid having Cygwin's git in your path, or have it later than the
version of git that comes with Julia 0.4. The Julia package manager isn't
compatible with Cygwin's version of git, but on Julia 0.5 the package
manager no longer uses command-line git so it's not an issue.