From: julia-n...@googlegroups.com [mailto:julia-n...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Tony Kelman
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:09 AM
To: julia-news <julia-n...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: Julia Users <julia-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [julia-news] ANN: Julia v0.5.0 released!

At long last, we can announce the final release of Julia 0.5.0! See the release
notes at https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/blob/release-0.5/NEWS.md for more
details, and expect a blog post with some highlights within the next few days.
Binaries are available from the usual place <http://julialang.org/downloads/> ,
and please report all issues to either the issue tracker
<https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues>  or email the julia-users list.
Don't CC julia-news, which is intended to be low-volume, if you reply to this
message.

Many thanks to all the contributors, package authors, users and reporters of
issues who helped us get here. We'll be releasing regular monthly bugfix
backports from the 0.5.x line, while major feature work is ongoing on master
for 0.6-dev. Enjoy!

We haven't made the change just yet, but to package authors: please be aware
that `release` on Travis CI for `language: julia` will change meaning to 0.5
shortly. So if you want to continue supporting Julia 0.4 in your package,
please update your .travis.yml file to have an "- 0.4" entry under `julia:`
versions. When you want to drop support for Julia 0.4, update your REQUIRE file
to list `julia 0.5` as a lower bound, and the next time you tag the package be
sure to increment the minor or major version number via `PkgDev.tag(pkgname,
:minor)`.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/julia-news/387852e5-6a73-4dd0-84b5-9914f2d5c35a%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/julia-news/387852e5-6a73-4dd0-84b5-9914f2d5c35a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
 .