I have multiple julia versions installed (merely through never deleting
them). At every new version I've called `Pkg.build("IJulia")` from the
command line. This adds the new kernel to the list of kernels in the Kernel
-> Change Kernel menu of the Jupyter notebooks. Does that not work for you?
Maybe you need to update Jupyter (via conda?)