On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 4:50:26 PM UTC, Fengyang Wang wrote:

> but type piracy is bad practice. This method should really be in Base.

As always, if something, should be in Base or Julia, then I think a PR is
welcome.

[Maybe I do not fully understand this (yes, type piracy I guess equals,
accessing internal variable, that would be Private (to not violate Parnas'
Principles) in other languages).

I like how Julia avoids Hoare's self-admitted billion dollar mistake. It
seems to violate Parnas' but since no type can subtype a concrete type, it
may not, or at least that violation can always be avoided(?).]

--
Palli.