I am running the 0.5 release now and it behaves in the same way - not
releasing memory.  I can't say if this only has to do with 0.5 but not 0.4.
 Probably it happened in the same way with 0.4 but I just didn't pay
attention then.

Since there is no mechanism in Julia like in C/C++ for the programmer to
free previously allocated memory, I don't believe that this is due to my
coding errors (I only allocate memory without freeing them in the code).  I
hope someone can point out to situations where this problem might occur so
that I can check them out.  For now all I know is that my code allocates
memory when it runs and those memory are not getting released even after
the code has finished.

I will try to see if I can cook up some demo code.