Yes, sorry for the delay, I have uploaded some code to github. See:
https://github.com/BobPortmann/IDLCall.jl.git. I have added some notes
there to get you started. No doubt they are too short and you may have to
look into the code to get things working. I do want to polish this up, so
please provide feedback here or preferably on a github issue. The code
should work on julia 0.4 or 0.5. I have only tested using IDL 8.5 on OSX.

Bob