I have now made a new attempt, ending up having everything installed and
seemingly working on an Ubuntu 16.04 system. My workflow so far is:

- git clone https://.... to local repo (I have a github account)
- edit julia.bib and _EDIT_ME_index.md according to instructions
- run 'make' in publications directory
- run 'bundle exec jekyll build' in main repo directory
- adding the modified files by 'git add *'

So, off-topic question as far as Julia goes, but what to do now? I realize
I'm supposed to commit, annotate, request-pull, and go nuts, but in which
order?

Thanks in advance, not my cup of tea this, so if anyone can help tx :-)