Good news everyone!
I've written a small library that offers various transformations of text to
special Unicode characters.
The most prominent one is the latex-string to latex-unicode:

"\\itA \\in \\bbR^{nxn}, \\bfv \\in \\bbR^n, \\lambda_i \\in \\bbR: \\itA\\bfv
= \\lambda_i\\bfv"==> "𝐴 ∈ ℝⁿˣⁿ, 𝐯 ∈ ℝⁿ, λᵢ ∈ ℝ: 𝐴𝐯 = λᵢ𝐯"

It doesn't support the whole range of latex, but I hope it will be enough
for simple formulas.
I will obviously use this library for latex label support in GLVisualize
<https://github.com/JuliaGL/GLVisualize.jl>, but I hope that this library
can also be usable in other contexts! (REPL latex renderer?)
Enjoy with a simple *Pkg.add("UnicodeFun") *(since its freshly registered,
a Pkg.update() might be needed)

Please feel free to report latex strings that are not working, or help
adding new transformations! :)

Best,
Simon