Since the 0.5 release affects everyone here, I wrote a longish blog post
about what the major changes are:
http://julialang.org/blog/2016/10/julia-0.5-highlights.

One other change that I left out of the post because it was getting pretty
long and it seems a bit esoteric is that array comprehensions are now
type-inference-independent. That means that the type of the resulting array
only depends on the actual types of values produced, not what the compiler
can prove about the expression in advance. In particular, this means that
comprehensions behave the same way in global scope as in local scope now,
which is a fairly major relief to anyone who's struggled with that.