I am a problem when I use pmap function to do parallel computing on a 48
cores workstation. The workstation has Linux system. I am using a recent
updated julia-0.4.5. I downloaded the binary version and set up path to bin
file to call Julia.

It is fine to do

julia abc.jl

However, when I did following,

julia -p 16 abc.jl

Error: Could not allocate pools

Then I type,

ulimit -a

[linan@pd-srv-msa-01 ~]$ ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 1390380
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 64
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240
max user processes              (-u) 1024

Could you please let me know where this problem come from and how to solve
this problem?

Thanks very much.