Hi!

I´ve tried to reduce my problem to a smaller one, but I didn´t succeed.
However, I hope someone can help me even though the problem description is
a bit long and involves github. To summerize my problem: when I include one
external package (BlackBoxOptim) in my module one of my functions starts to
allocate much more memory than when omitting BlackBoxOptim.

I´ve started to develop a small package for hydrological modelling:

https://github.com/jmgnve/Vann

I use a couple of other packages in my module (BlackBoxOptim and
Distributions). I have simply added them like this:

module Vann

using BlackBoxOptim
using Distributions

other stuff

end

I have one function in my package called "hydro_model" which I test using
this script:

https://github.com/jmgnve/Vann/blob/master/test/hbv_tests.jl

The function allocates this much memory:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5aRvVXgsgLU/V_-kavMciVI/AAAAAAAAAa0/yU8HOY3FPzYIu9faz4Fd6Ehh_mdqNymYwCLcB/s1600/much_memory.PNG>

If I do not include the BlackBoxOptim package in my main module (Vann.jl),
the same function call allocates this much memory:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bcrxgXn4310/V_-l8SKE9fI/AAAAAAAAAa8/ExxY7PSGP-cJyeyXZUmE86vr5Koi_KbhACLcB/s1600/little_memory.PNG>

The "hydro_model"-function does not use any of the BlackBoxOptim stuff, at
least not intentionally. The "hydro_model"-function is stored here:

https://github.com/jmgnve/Vann/blob/master/src/hydro_hbv.jl

Perhaps someone directly spots the issue. Am I using some name in the
"hydro_model"-function that also exist in the BlackBoxOptim package? How
can I analyze these kind of memory problems efficiently? The output from
@profile is hard to understand.

Thanks for any help.
Jan

*Version info:*

*Julia Version 0.5.0*

*Commit 3c9d753 (2016-09-19 18:14 UTC)*

*Platform Info:*

*  System: NT (x86_64-w64-mingw32)*

*  CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz*

*  WORD_SIZE: 64*

*  BLAS: libopenblas (USE64BITINT DYNAMIC_ARCH N*

*  LAPACK: libopenblas64_*

*  LIBM: libopenlibm*

*  LLVM: libLLVM-3.7.1 (ORCJIT, sandybridge)*