Hi,

probably a very basic question, but I'm just starting to play around
with Julia types.

I was hoping to improve the performance of a little program I wrote, so
I decided to try Int32 integers instead of the default Int64, but if I
try to use sum, it seems that it is expecting Int64 and the result is
Int64, defeating the purpose of working with Int32 and actually making
the code much slower than the naive version.

,----
| julia> typeof(sum([i for i in Int32(1):Int32(100)]))

| Int64
`----

Do I have to write down my own Int32::sum function? I assume I'm missing
something quite obvious?

Thanks,
--
Ángel de Vicente