I'm not sure how many people are using Base.Threads out there, I came
across it by accident and think it works great. It's under the heading
"experimental" in the manual, so I just wanted to encourage the developers
that this is a great feature, please don't drop it. I just wrote @threads
in front of a loop in my code and time was cut by pretty much exactly
JULIA_NUM_THREADS.

Along those lines, has anyone tried to run a hybrid job, i.e. connecting
several machines via `addprocs` and running several threads on each of
those machines? Is something like that even possible and/or do you
recommend something like that? There is not too much in the manual, so I
would just like to get some more info.

thanks.