On Friday 02 February 2007 15:05, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> Good news first, I succeeded in installing the plugin on the first try
> simply by following the instructions. It is also making printouts for
> me.

thanks for the test :-)

> Couple of remarks from a very quick firs test:
> - Printing is rather slow both on paper and to pdf-file if I have aerial
> images as background.  The quolity of the resulting pdf is good. Any
> thoughts about how to improve the speed?

well, our approach here was "first make it work, then make it work faster".
Reads: We did not want to corrupt the clean design by speed-up-hacks
in the early phase. Even with version 1.0 I would call it early phase
because there are so many arbitrary additional features and an
early optimization could make life difficult.
Of course, if the speed renders the tool unusable, things must be improved.

> - Imagery from WMS-service does not get printed. Should it?

Eventually it should, but it is not aimed for 1.0.

AFAIU, some raster stuff will be easier for OJ 1.2 (actually: current CVS)
than it is with 1.0.1. It is worth trying the new version first.

Best

        Jan
--
Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan  | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de