Hi Ugo,

  You didn't mention Kosmo.  I have just started looking at Kosmo's
code and it is incredible.  There are 1437 Java files in Kosmo
compared to 948 in OpenJump, 897 in SkyJUMP, and 775 in JUMP.  Besides
the new data sources, the most exciting potential seems to be in their
renderer (which I have not tested yet.)

  The message I would sound at this conference is that the source code
finally seems to be available now for anyone with sufficient
motivation to pull together a FOSS JUMP-based ArcMap killer.

regards,
Larry

http://amusingprogrammer.blogspot.com/