Txs Larry!

I think I'll stick to Uwe's work where postgis is concerned... ;-)

Regarding that post by Michaël:
I've tested Vivid's solution (datastore) and it was possible to get
features on demand...
one only has to care about enveloping the geom field with asbinary() ;-)

As to rasters... well ... I'll stick to PIROL's for the time being...

Still have to test all of the above, though... should I encounter any
difficulties I'll report back to the list ;-)

Kind regards,
Pedro.

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/