In core the

com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.zoom.ZoomToSelectedItemsPlugIn

uses the ThreadQueue.Listener interface. But the code looks like it can
cope with the 'slightly' shifted semantic.

I would vote for stick a @deprecated tag (+ some explanations)
to the respective methods and to the interface because code
that uses these mechanisms is possibly not aware of the
sophisticated difference between 'no running threads left'
and 'all jobs done'.

- Sascha