Hei Stefan,
I think that we are in the same situation of some
months ago.
OpenJUMP NB has gone far ahed from OJ 1.2D. Some bugs
have been fixed and other utilities have been added
(save to georeferenced raster, Zoom real time, layer
properties).
I think we can plan to move to OpenJUMP 1.2E stable
realize or  organize the OJ 1.3 next realize also with
the new tools that Paul, Larry and SS are working
around.
I want your opinion about
************************
I would like to prepare a "Future development" wiki
page to complete the similar "Future request" wiki
which seems out-to-date
I would like to know from developers which are the
projects for the future.
As far as I know:
Paul is working on an "Open File.." plugin
Larry is adding SkyJUMP features to OJ (next realize:
text tool, colourtool?)
SS is working on a the help plugin.
There must be more other developments but I don't
remember in this moment.
Would you help me to complete the list?

Thanks