Larry,

I have a graph implementation which has an undershoot processor in it, have
a look at the processUndershootNodes method.

http://rsiaf.googlecode.com/svn/rs-gis-core/trunk/src/main/java/com/revolsys/gis/graph/Graph.java

The algorithm processes all nodes looking for edges within 2 units (e.g. m)
from the node which are not connected to the node. It then splits the edge
introducing a node on the line segment of the edge closest to the node.

The processCrossingEdges does the similar for overshoots (and any other
crossing segments). It does this by computing the intesection and then doing
special processing for short segments which would happen in the overshoot
case

The DataObjectGraph shows how I applied this to my DataObject framework,
although you could also apply this to the JUMP Feature framework.

Paul

P.S. All code is under the Apache 2.0 license copyright Revolution Systems
Inc.