Erwin,

I would recommend that you use an IDE such as eclipse.org to build the
application, or use the ant.apache.org build.xml or maven.apache.org pom.xml
to build the application.

When setting classpaths you need to specify each jar file on the classpath.
The Java virtual machine and compiler do not automatically load all the jars
in a directory onto the classpath. The only time you can specify a folder on
the classpath is if it contains package foldes and *.class files in those
package folders.

Paul

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 2:04 AM, Erwin Poeze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to openJump but quite impressed with it's capabilities
> already. I would like to write some plugins, but I stumbled on a sort
> of basic problem.
> I got the source from the repository and made the hello world example.
> When I run:
>
> javac -1.5 -classpath
> .:/home/donnut/dev/openjump/core/trunk/src/:/usr/share/java *.java
>
> it produces some error messages, all caused by:
>
> [code]
> 1. ERROR in
> /home/donnut/dev/openjump/core/trunk/src/com/vividsolutions/jump/workbench/plugin/AbstractPlugIn.java
> (at line 39)
>        import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
>               ^^^^^^^^^^
> The import org.apache cannot be resolved
> [/code]
>
> the log4j-1.2.jar file that contains the Logger class is located in
> /usr/share/java which is in classpath.
>
> I'm not sure I'm posting to the right maillist but I would appreciate
> it if somebody could help me out.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Erwin

Paul Austin