Da: Rahkonen Jukka [mailto:jukka.rahko...@mmmtike.fi]
Inviato: ven 09/01/2009 14.09
A: OpenJump develop and use
Oggetto: [JPP-Devel] (no subject)

Hi,

Sooner or later all data do not fit in the memory and OpenJUMP user has
troubles. Having PostGIS or Oracle datastore solves size limits, but OJ
does not support updates well. In addition, many people seem to fear
PostGIS, and for sure it is a bit heavy weight pair for OpenJUMP which
is very simple to install and run. How about trying some leight weight
spatial database as well?  It took 2 minutes for the first timer to
download, install and launch the SpatiaLite database on a Windows
machine. No admisnistrator rights are needed, and when installed it is
just one single 3 MB exe file on a disk!  Perhaps some developer could
have a look and say if it could be useful with OpenJUMP?  SpatiaLite
seems to include Proj4, so is could give OpenJUMP support for
projections as well. See:

http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-2.2/index.html

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-