With some delay, I expected to have it done earlier, you might find an updated
version of the gps extension on sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jump-pilot/files/p_GPS%20Extension/

Features are:
- use of serial gps devices (garmin,nmea,sirf)
- tracking of selected tasks
- creating/adding points from gps coordinate

I'd appreciate anybody testing the extension and coming back with feedback or
bugs. A known limitation right now is that reprojection of gps coordinates is
broken (cts extension usage). This means coordinates from gps will for now
always be in the datum of the gps receiver is configured to output. I am
working it.

.. kind regards ede