I plan on helping with OSGeo's summer of code effort again this year
if I can. I don't know if (1) OSGeo will be accepted as a mentoring
organization and if (2) OpenJUMP will be accepted under the OSGeo
umbrella for summer of code.

Last year OpenJUMP didn't get selected because it wasn't an OSGeo
project. I'm not sure if we will use the same criteria this year, but
I suspect we will, which means there probably won't be an OpenJUMP
summer of code project.

Certainly if we can get OpenJUMP accepted as a project I will post
about it here.

I'm not sure what are options might be for self-hosting a summer of
code project. I could chip in some money towards the student award,
and maybe if we get some other companies or organizations to sponsor
we could come up with a small pot.

Landon