Da: Michaël Michaud <michael.mich...@free.fr>
A: OpenJump develop and use <jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Inviato: Giovedì 15 Settembre 2011 8:37
Oggetto: Re: [JPP-Devel] ecw bugfix

Hi,

Licenses agreements are really a puzzle for me :-( .

Thanks Stefan for finding this old exchange of mails.

I don't understand clearly Oliver argument. Why the terms "and at no
charge to the public" should be a concern? Do we charge OpenJUMP users?
Do we need to remove dll or do we need to include its license in the
distribution so that distributors who want to charge their users know
they have to remove them first? (OK, currently we even do not do that in
OJ license part)

Another question is : do we have a link to these dll licenses. For 1.4.1
distro, I Googled to find them but just found licenses about their new
products. Would be interesting to know if license has changed and what
is the license for these old dll. Maybe we should contact ermapper for that?

Last question is : is there a difference between including dll in the
distribution and giving a link to a repository of JPP project? I think
that usage for restricted license if to give a link to the copyright
owner site. Problem is that these dll are not distributed anymore by
ermapper.

Too bad, each time I look for a clear answer to a simple license
question, I get three more questions and still no answer :-( .

Michaël