Jody:

You wrote: "Landon you may look at the API provided by geoscript as a
more suitable target. "

I'd never head of GeoScript, that is something I will definitely have
to check our for my work in both Python and Javascript.

If the API was too different from the existing JUMP simple feature
model, it would be hard to push changes back to the OpenJUMP SVN,
which would be one of my goals from the library. I'm not sure how we'd
work around that challenge, unless we used some type of wrapper class.

You wrote: "As an aside: This is also the general direction I will
encourage LocationTech to move in."

Is there an opportunity here to collaborate? I don't know much about
LocationTech or your work with them. I was going to start the work of
code migration for JUMP lib this weekend or early next week, but I can
wait if you think there is enough common ground to work together. I'm
an advocate of consolidation and cooperation, not further
fragmentation of our JAVA FOSS GIS community.

Landon

PS - Would it be inappropriate to host something like JUMP Lib as a
GeoTools module or set of modules?