Thanks Ede. I wonder if it makes sense to disable all other key
listeners when a cursor tool is active?

It would probably be too much work, because we've likely got key
listeners attached to Swing components throughout OJ's source code,
but it sounds like we need a class to manage key listeners globally.
Maybe this could be a rainy day project for me. :]

Landon