Stefan:

You wrote: "Anybody an idea how to put all the tags?"

You could "prescan" the OSM file to make a list of all the tags used in the
file. Then create a feature schema with an attribute for each tag. You
could even give the user a preview of the tags present in the OSM file, and
let them chose which tags to import as attributes. (I can help you with the
code for this if you want.)

You wrote: "Any concerns and
suggestion where to put? in the plugin section, or maybe straight into
the core?"

I think a new folder for OSM under the plug-in directory in SVN would be
the best place.

You wrote: "Finally, as most do know, OSM data comes in geographic
coordinates. So
the next step would be to develop something that makes it easy to
project the data into the google projection? ....or so?"

When I wrote the GPX plug-in I left the data in lat/long and let the user
reproject if they wanted to outside of the plug-in. I think this is the
best workflow. Why reproject when the user may want the data in its
original coordinate system.

Glad you get to work on some code for OJ. :]

Landon