Hi Landon,

There used to be a demo folder in the project under
com/vividsolutions/jump.  It had a folder with a stand-alone layer view
panel demo.  Of course it had a few dependencies, but I think it comes
close to what you are attempting.  I still have it in the SkyJump project
on sourceforge, and JUMP 1.2 is still available for download.  And the
original JUMP Developer Guide is useful when attempting something like
this.  People mostly have forgotten that document and that it contains help
on how to use JUMP components in other apps.

regards,
Larry