Subject: [JPP-Devel] Error with opening KML file
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 17:17:29 +0000
From: Rahkonen Jukka (MML) <jukka.rahko...@maanmittauslaitos.fi>
To: jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
<jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>

Hi,

I tried to open a KML file with couple of weeks old OJ Plus nightly build but
faced a NoSuchMethodError.

I noticed that OJ can not open directly .kmz file but I had either to rename it
to .zip or then unzip the .kml file out of the archive. As far as I know kmz is
nothing more than zipped kml so it should be possible to make OpenJUMP to open
it.

This was the error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
com.vividsolutions.jump.io.GMLInputTemplate.load(Ljava/io/Reader;)V
        at com.isa.jump.plugin.KMLReader.makeTemplate(KMLReader.java:157)
        at com.isa.jump.plugin.KMLReader.read(KMLReader.java:198)
        at
com.vividsolutions.jump.io.datasource.DelegatingCompressedFileHandler.read(DelegatingCompressedFileHandler.java:76)
        at
com.vividsolutions.jump.io.datasource.ReaderWriterFileDataSource$1.executeQuery(ReaderWriterFileDataSource.java:60)
        at
org.openjump.core.ui.io.file.DataSourceFileLayerLoader.process(DataSourceFileLayerLoader.java:169)
        at
org.openjump.core.ui.io.file.DataSourceFileLayerLoader.open(DataSourceFileLayerLoader.java:257)
        at
org.openjump.core.ui.plugin.file.open.OpenFileWizard.run(OpenFileWizard.java:158)
        at
org.openjump.core.ui.plugin.file.OpenWizardPlugIn.run(OpenWizardPlugIn.java:109)
        at
com.vividsolutions.jump.workbench.ui.task.TaskMonitorManager$TaskWrapper.run(TaskMonitorManager.java:152)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

-Jukka Rahkonen-