Hi,

Best way to get as much memory as possible for OpenJUMP is to run it with
64-bit jre. You can find which jre version is in use through the Info menu. If
it shows that 32-bit jre is in use edit the oj_windows.bat file and point it to
64-bit jre. Don't care about the version 1.5/1.6 hint, OJ works fine with 1.7
and 1.8.

rem -- uncomment to manually set java home --
rem set JAVA_HOME=G:\path\to\a\specific\<jre|jdk>-1.<5|6>

Tell us if this does not help or if you can't install 64-bit jre.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

LawrenceGmail wrote:

Hello.

I am running JUMP 1.8.0 rev. 4164 on Windows 8.1.

I am adding shapefiles to a project.  Most work fine, but one throws this
error: Requested array size exceeds VM limit  (Out of memory error).

This shapefile is not that big.  Any ideas how to get it to work?

Lawrence