On 09.01.2016 19:52, Michaël Michaud wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OpenJUMP CORE source code contained only 5 classes using java7+ features
> Most of them did not add much. I fixed them except the use of
> GraphicsDevice.WindowTranslucency in GuiUtils.
>
> The first error you get should be fixed.
> Ede, is the use of WindowTranslucency avoided in a java6 environment ?

yes totally, we need java7 to compile but it uses the transparent splash _only_
when run on java7+ , else it falls back to the java6 compatible splash.

> I don't know if we have a mariadb driver compiled for java6. If not, I
> suggest to let
> the driver out of the PLUS distro for a last java6 compatible release.

just rerouted the error into log and about extensions panel, that should
suffice. users can see the error and upgrade java or downgrade the jdbc driver,
however they like.

the latest java6 version of mariadb jdbc is 1.1.9 according to
 https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/about-mariadb-connector-j/#requirements
we include which is 1.3.3, which sounds like a lot of improvement according to
the version number, so downgrading for obsolete java versions sounds like the
wrong option here.

> Ede, I noticed that we have a duplicate itext jar in the PLUS portable zip
> file. Could you have a look ?

ok, cleaned up ..ede