If anyone (a student) is interested - please let me know a.s.a.p. Perhaps we can make it under the OSGeo umbrella. Last year we got like 1 student for each project and 2(?) projects with 2 students.

stefan

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        [SoC] [@Mentors: Action required] GSoC 2016 Ideas page
Date:   Tue, 16 Feb 2016 11:16:03 +0100
From:   Margherita Di Leo <direg...@gmail.com>
To: OSGeo Discussions <disc...@lists.osgeo.org>, OSGeo-SoC <s...@lists.osgeo.org>

Dear All,

we would like to inform you all that we have applied on behalf of OSGeo, as a mentor organization for Google Summer of Code 2016. The application can be found at [1]. We ask your cooperation to set up the ideas page within few days. It is extremely important that the ideas page looks in good shape as it is the key page Google will be looking at when evaluating OSGeo. As usual, each community will set up its ideas page on its own wiki and will send us the link, that will be added by us to the main page [2]. Please forward this email to your communities.

As past years, OSGeo welcomes like minded projects that wish to participate under the org’s umbrella, not being official OSGeo projects. Please contact us to discuss it further.

Your OSGeo GSoC 2016 Admins

Margherita Di Leo (madi)

Anne Ghisla (aghisla)

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_Application_2016