Hi

Hi all,

After a relatively quiet year, we have some new features and improvements and
it would
be nice to have a new release for christmas.

What do you think ?
"same procedure as every year" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One
;-)
Before a new release, I think there are some compatibility issues with java 9
to solve.
agreed for the startup errors if possible. if not that should come with the
next release, possibly a major version change, if the startup scripts have to
be modified into a java8 incompatible way because of the new classpath
packaging.
Several errors are related to "sealed" classes in cadplan jar files. I don't know if you have some experience with that.
I can't see other important things that should absolutely be done before a new
release.
What about you ?
some cleanup, there are some started ideas in my tree, will have a look.

After next release (1.12), I think we could switch to java 8 and the just
released jts 1.15.
@Mike
does JTS-1.15 contain the fixes you tried to stage there for ages (datastore
wkb parsing and others i don't remember)?
IFAIK change on wkb parsing has been included as well as other fixes. There is only one ticket I submited which is still not included, but it just solves a corner case and it seems I'm the only user who minds about it...
i might like to suggest some changes to their GeoJSON geometry parser. can you
point me to a repository to file a ticket?
If you can make a pull request :
https://github.com/locationtech/jts/pulls
or a ticket
https://github.com/locationtech/jts/issues