that's in our svn. so why don't you use it? does Horae Plugin not work anymore?
..ede

On 15.01.2020 15:42, Jukka Rahkonen wrote:
> I believe that typical use case would deal with tracked location data and
> number of points would be in thousands if data were recorded with GPS. Stefan
> pointed that Horae plugin has same kind of utility, I believe it is here
> https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/code/HEAD/tree/plug-ins/horae/src/ca/ucalgary/engg/moveantools/util/TrackCalculationUtil.java.
>  The comments say that this utility creates one linestring for a pair of
> coordinates. That is nice if points carry some interesting attribute data
> because then it is possible to transfer attributes of the starting point to
> the line segment. I had one long linestring as a result in my mind.
>

> ---
>
> ** [feature-requests:#265] Create a "make line" tool**
>
> **Status:** open
> **Created:** Tue Jan 14, 2020 06:00 PM UTC by Jukka Rahkonen
> **Last Updated:** Wed Jan 15, 2020 01:53 PM UTC
> **Owner:** nobody
> **Attachments:**
>
> -
> [OpenJUMP_makeline.jml.txt](https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/feature-requests/265/attachment/OpenJUMP_makeline.jml.txt)
>  (2.6 kB; text/plain)
> -
> [OpenJUMP_makeline_definition.odt](https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/feature-requests/265/attachment/OpenJUMP_makeline_definition.odt)
>  (39.3 kB; application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)
>

> The new tool should build a linestring from the points from a layer. Points
> should be added as vertices to the linestring in the same order than they
> appear in data, or sorted by a selected attribute. More details in the
> attachments.
>

> ---
>
> Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/feature-requests/265/>
>

> To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
> <https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/>

---

** [feature-requests:#265] Create a "make line" tool**

**Status:** open
**Created:** Tue Jan 14, 2020 06:00 PM UTC by Jukka Rahkonen
**Last Updated:** Wed Jan 15, 2020 02:42 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody
**Attachments:**

-
[OpenJUMP_makeline.jml.txt](https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/feature-requests/265/attachment/OpenJUMP_makeline.jml.txt)
 (2.6 kB; text/plain)
-
[OpenJUMP_makeline_definition.odt](https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/feature-requests/265/attachment/OpenJUMP_makeline_definition.odt)
 (39.3 kB; application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)

The new tool should build a linestring from the points from a layer. Points
should be added as vertices to the linestring in the same order than they
appear in data, or sorted by a selected attribute. More details in the
attachments.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/feature-requests/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/admin/feature-requests/options.  Or, if
this is a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.