Hi Michael,
excuse me for the late answer: my school is in lock down since a couple of
weeks and it seems that working at home takes more time that working in the
classroom.

About Sextante
The original files to recompile are four:
sextante.jar,
sextante-gui.jar,
libMath.jar
sextante-algs.jar.

They are all related to each other with a sort of hierarchy dependency.
*In our distro here is also a sextante-new-algorithms.jar file that I
developed to integrate into Sextante my corrections to Sextante algorithm
which were not working (see later). *

Original source code
We have no code for our version of Sextante. II don't even know which
version we use: possibly version 1.00 or version 0.7
The more closest version of Sextante, that Victor Oyala (source code)
available on web is here: https://code.google.com/archive/p/sextante/
It has a MIT licence. This version is numbered 1.01.

Dependency
I recompile all the four jars to JTS 1.17-JTS 1.18 , solving also some
annoying bugs on Sextante and OpenJUMP.

The dependency for each jar is the following (in red jars in OJ core, blue
jars in OJ/lib/ext folder, in black jars in OJ/lib/ext/sextante folder

libMath.jar:   jama-1.0.2.jar, jts-core-1.18.1.jar, jts-io-common-1.18.1.jar,
trove-0.1.8.jar

sextante.jar: jts-core-1.18.1.jar, jts-io-common-1.18.1.jar,
jcommon-1.0.14.jar, jfreechart-1.0.11.jar, libMath.jar, kxml2.jar

sextante-gui.jar: jts-core-1.18.1.jar, jts-io-common-1.18.1.jar,
bsh-2.0b6.jar, TableLayout-bin-jdk1.5-2007-04-21.jar, sextante.jar,
kxml2.jar, japura-1.14.0.jar, jgraph.jar, jcommon-1.0.14.jar,
jfreechart-1.0.11.jar

sextante-algorithm: gishur_x.jar, gishur_core.jar, jama-1.0.2.jar,
japura-1.14.0.jar,jcommon-1.0.14.jar, jfreechart-1.0.11.jar, jep.jar,
jts-core-1.18.1.jar,
jts-io-common-1.18.1.jar,TableLayout-bin-jdk1.5-2007-04-21.jar,
sextante.jar, sextante-gui.jar

My Test:
I was able to recompile with no problems libMath.jar and sextante.jar and
sextante.algorithm.jar. I had some problems with sextante-gui.jar (export
was finalized with a warning of errors that I was not able to find.
Apparently everything went fine: recompiling, and launching Sextante via
GUI. But no algorithm was working. I did not investigate a lot about the
reason.

I have a project to substitute Sextante with a combination of OpenKLEM,
embedded raster plugin in OJ and a plugin I am developing. The reason is to
reuse embedded gui components and libraries of OpenJUMP base. I will give a
better detail in a new email

This is the folder where you can download jars and source codes of all four
sextante jar already recompiled with JTS 1.8
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1euXimnt1-RTO5Kkv7Ybt3uMPHTBQdInn?usp=sharing

Peppe