Hi Guys, Does anybody on the list have experience with the new J series (J2300, J4350 etc.).
How do they compare with cisco in terms of price / performance / features. (I have read the spec. sheet but hoping to hear of some real-world experiences with them :>). cheers /rolf On Saturday 10 February 2007 11:24, Rolf Mendelsohn wrote: > Hi Guys, > > I am looking to buy a J4350 for E1 aggregation at a small PoP. > > We are looking at about 4-8 E1's, with MPLS, BGPv4, Netflow etc. > > We have traditionally been a cisco shop and have no experience with > Juniper. > > I have been very suprised by the price diffence compared with Cisco3845 > which also only handles 8 E1's vs the J4350 being able to handle 12 and > being much faster (according to the spec sheet anyways). > > I wanted to know what additional licenses we would need to run the > following: > > 1 x J-4350-JB-SC J4350, 256MB CF, 256MB RAM, 0 PIM cards, AC PSU, > w/JUNOS, > Software Crypto > 3 x JX-2CT1E1-RJ45-S 2 Port Channelized T1/E1 PIM - Spare > > We are also looking at doing small scale PPPoE Aggregation at the remote > PoP, can this also be done on the J4350? > > Regards. > Rolf > _______________________________________________ > juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

