Hi Having a issue getting my J6350 to play BGP with a partners Cisco router. I defined the local loopback address in the bgp config and also with the router-id statement, but I am seeing a strange error defined below - bascially the local address can't be found. The traces just show the connection attyempts.
I did a a capture on the box and I saw the syn from the juniper, the syn-ack from the cisco, but no ack back from the juniper. I tried the path-mtu discovery option to see if it was a MSS issues, but no luck appreciate any advice set protocols bgp group bgp-ext type external set protocols bgp group bgp-ext traceoptions file bgp-trace set protocols bgp group bgp-ext traceoptions flag all set protocols bgp group bgp-ext multihop ttl 254 set protocols bgp group bgp-ext local-address 20x.xxx.xxx.xxx set protocols bgp group bgp-ext hold-time 64800 set protocols bgp group bgp-ext import bgp-policy set protocols bgp group bgp-ext neighbor 150.xxx.xxx.xxx authentication-key <key> set protocols bgp group bgp-ext neighbor 150.xxx.xxx.xxx peer-as 6xxxx set protocols bgp group bgp-ext neighbor 150.xxx.xxx.xxx authentication-key <key> set protocols bgp group bgp-ext neighbor 150.xxx.xxx.xxx peer-as 6xxxx Jul 21 06:28:30 router rpd[1134]: Feature "BGP Route Reflection to IBGP peers" (18) disabled due to lack of valid license Jul 21 06:28:30 router rpd[1134]: bgp_peer_init: BGP peer 150.xxx.xxx.xxx (External AS 6xxxx) local address 20x.xxx.xxx.xxx not found. Leaving peer idled Jul 21 06:28:30 router rpd[1134]: bgp_peer_init: BGP peer 150.xxx.xxx.xxx (External AS 6xxxx) local address 20x.xxx.xxx.xxx not found. Leaving peer idled Jul 21 06:28:30 router rpd[1134]: RPD_TASK_BEGIN: Commencing routing updates, version 9.3R3.8, built 2009-05-12 22:37:06 UTC by builder thanks Ivan _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

