I agree. I broke protocol and opened a P1 case on this yesterday as I was 
irritated by the whole thing an I needed the SR software asap. Got a quick 
response, but still took them a couple of hours to get me the link. If you are 
going to list a specific SR release in the PSN, then include the link to 
download it or list it on the software download page. You need a uname/passwd 
to get it, so it isn't like someone is going to forward the PSN to their friend 
with no service contract and all of a sudden be able to download it. I made my 
feelings on this known to our account team as well as putting them in the 
ticket notes. Just stupid IMO.

-Jeff
________________________________________
From: [email protected] [[email protected]] 
On Behalf Of Chuck Anderson [[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 12:29 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] vulnerability fix not available for 8.5 ?

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 03:14:17PM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 01:55:21PM -0600, Kevin Hunt wrote:
> > I just logged in and 8.5r4.2 seems to be the same build I have now, which is
> > prior to 01/2009.
> > Anyone gotten any word on a fix for it ?  We don't want to upgrade to 9
> > because of the possible removal of the GE-SX-B drivers and the non-support
> > of our older FPCs...
>
> Contact JTAC for the 8.5 service release.

I have to point out that JTAC isn't on the ball with this.  I called
to get the fixed release and the engineer didn't know the where to
find it and had to go ask someone else who "might not be around so it
may take a while for the answer"...  Given the high profile of these
security advisories, you would think JTAC would have been briefed in
advance to be able to immediately answer all the common questions like
"Where do I download the fix?".
_______________________________________________
juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp
_______________________________________________
juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

Reply via email to