You can also take a look at the results from our online PRSearch application.

http://www.juniper.net/prsearch/

Select 10.4R3, or 10.4R4 and show the results "Closed" in that release.  That 
will show available PRs with commits/resolution in that release ("Closed" isn't 
quite accurate here as the PR may be open for other releases or follow-on 
actions)

Thanks to Alex for the pointers on the release notes.  In general, the release 
notes show what is fixed in that release (under Resolved Issues for each 
section).  So if you check the PRs in the 10.4R4 ones, and cross check them on 
the web, you should find they are resolved in 10.4R4.

I'll admit that finding the this information isn't as easy as it should be.  
Juniper certainly has room for improvement here for usability as well as 
consistency of information.  We are working towards improvements in this area.

Thanks

Jim Boyle
Juniper / Support 


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Alex
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:37 AM
To: Dale Shaw; juniper-nsp
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] JUNOS major releases - differences between revisions

Hello there,
There are _no_ single release notes doc for 10.4
Link to 10.4R3 release notes 
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/information-products/topic-collections/release-notes/10.4/junos-release-notes-10.4r3.pdf
Link to 10.4R4 release notes 
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/information-products/topic-collections/release-notes/10.4/junos-release-notes-10.4.pdf
And you can find all previous and current 10.4 release notes docs (note 
plural) - 10.4R1, 10.4R2, 10.4R3 and 10.4R4 - on this page
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/information-products/pathway-pages/product/10.4/index.html
HTH
Rgds
Alex

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Dale Shaw" <[email protected]>
To: "juniper-nsp" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:49 AM
Subject: [j-nsp] JUNOS major releases - differences between revisions


> Hi all,
>
> I feel like a bit of a newbie asking this (and, relatively speaking, I
> am!) because it feels like something that should be fairly
> straight-forward. And maybe it is.
>
> Q: Is there a way to determine what has changed between two revisions
> of a major JUNOS release?
>
> For argument's sake, how do I find out precisely what changed between
> 10.4R3 and 10.4R4?
>
> The release notes for 10.4 don't spell it out very clearly. I suppose
> I could look just at the outstanding and resolved issues sections of
> the release notes but I'm not even sure how I can go back and look at
> the 10.4 release notes at the time the previous revision was released.
> A 'single' 10.4 release note exists and is simply revised when a new
> revision to the major release goes out.
>
> I know (in theory) there shouldn't be any new features between
> revisions -- just bug fixes. I'm more familiar navigating cisco IOS
> release notes where, even between maintenance releases, it's made
> fairly clear what has changed.
>
> Cheers,
> Dale
> _______________________________________________
> juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp
> 

_______________________________________________
juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

_______________________________________________
juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

Reply via email to