On (2013-01-11 17:16 -0500), Chris Morrow wrote: > that seems bad... now their bgp overrides your bgp (maybe) choking out > the management and control of your network elements, leading to an > outage of not just that one customer but all customers (or more than 1 > at the least).
Not that I'm for (or against) the proposed solution, but I don't think your concern has merit. Implication is, that customer NC class will congest core-link dropping iBGP. This seems highly unlikely. You would not allow the packets from customer to hit control-plane, if you did allow it, no amount of QoS will help you, because control-plane is dead long before your link is congested. Personally I don't really see need for more than 4 classes to customer 1. priority 2. normal (unmarked) 3. low-priority (off-site backup, etc) 4. NC (so even if customer UDP floods priority traffic CE-PE BGP won't driop) If you are dropping too much in any class, solution is not to add classes, but to add capacity. -- ++ytti _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

