Hi David, Thanks for your input.
2013/1/14 <[email protected]> > Should be work but I experienced one time a bug with interface all not for > mstp but for ISIS on MX platform : ldp-sync on interface all, didn't work > as expected. But if it works in lab for your feature, I think it will be > good. Beware, when you need upgrade, check before in lab if there is no > regression :) > > David > > > > > David Roy > IP/MPLS Support engineer - Orange France > Ph. +33 2 99 87 64 72 - Mob. +33 6 85 52 22 13 > [email protected] > > JNCIE-M&T/SP #703 - JNCIE-ENT #305 - JNCIP-SEC > > -----Message d'origine----- > De : [email protected] [mailto: > [email protected]] De la part de Pierre-Yves Maunier > Envoyé : lundi 14 janvier 2013 12:04 > À : Juniper-Nsp List > Objet : [j-nsp] EX switches and bpdu-block-on-edge > > Hi, > > I have a quick question about the bpdu-block-on-edge feature on EX > switches. > > I think I have the good configuration for what I want to achieve but I'd > like some feedback before I put that info production. > > I have top of rack EX switches : all ports except the uplink one should > not receive bpdus and should be blocked if they received some. > > I've made the following sample configuration, which given my lab tests, > works great : > > ge-0/0/24 is the uplink > > My question is : I have a more-specific config on ge-0/0/24 that over-ride > the edge statement in "interface all". But as it's not a interface all > "mode" edge but directly interface all edge, I'd like to be sure the 'edge' > statement will never be applied to ge-0/0/24 resulting in a really bad > behaviour in a production environment (shutdown the switch uplink). > > protocols { > mstp { > bridge-priority 60k; > interface ge-0/0/24.0 { > mode point-to-point; > } > interface all { > edge; > } > bpdu-block-on-edge; > } > } > ethernet-switching-options { > bpdu-block { > disable-timeout 300; > } > } > > Regards, > > Pierre-Yves Maunier > _______________________________________________ > juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp > > > _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ > > Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations > confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc > pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez > recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler > a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages > electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration, > France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete > altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci. > > This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged > information that may be protected by law; > they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation. > If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and > delete this message and its attachments. > As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for > messages that have been modified, changed or falsified. > Thank you. > > _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

