Where this gets applied depends on where you have your groups applied. For 
example if you do:

    set class-of-service interfaces apply-groups LAYER2-COS

your QOS-MAP will get applied to every interface configured under 
"class-of-service interfaces".
If you do:

    set class-of-service interfaces ge-1/2/3 apply-groups LAYER2-COS

your QOS-MAP will only get applied to ge-1/2/3.

Same for your VLAN-QOS. This:

    set class-of-service interfaces ge-1/2/3 apply-groups VLAN-QOS

will apply the classifier and re-write rules to all IFL under ge-1/2/3. You can 
view the final config (post inheritance) with:

    show conf class-of-service | display inheritance

If that doesn't work for you, please post your entire config including:

show conf
show conf | display inheritance terse

I hope that helps. 

Serge


________________________________
 From: John Neiberger <[email protected]>
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:49:06 PM
Subject: [j-nsp] Class of service groups with wildcards
 

I'm a little confused about how wildcards work in groups that use for our
class of service configs. I was thinking that the wildcard would allow us
to apply a configuration to an interface and all its logical units with one
command, but now I don't think that's the case. Here is an basic example:

LAYER2-COS {

    class-of-service {

        interfaces {

            <*> {

                scheduler-map QOS-MAP;

            }

        }

    }

}



VLAN-COS {

    class-of-service {

        interfaces {

            <*> {

                unit <*> {

                    classifiers {

                        dscp DSCPV4-CLASSIFIER;

                        dscp-ipv6 DSCPV6-CLASSIFIER;

                    }

                    rewrite-rules {

                        dscp DSCPV4-REWRITE;

                        dscp-ipv6 DSCPV6-REWRITE;

                    }

                }

            }

        }

    }

}


The first group applies the scheduler-map to the main interface. I thought
the second group would then apply the classifiers and rewrite rules to the
logical units. However, when I apply those groups to an interface with
multiple LUs, the classifiers and rewrite rules only get applied to the
first logical unit.


My thought is that the wildcard doesn't do what I thought it did and that
I'll actually have to separately apply VLAN-COS to each LU that requires it.


Or am I wrong? Is there a way to do this all in one or two commands for all
LUs?


Thanks!
_______________________________________________
juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp
_______________________________________________
juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

Reply via email to