> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
> Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 1:05 PM
> To: Eric Van Tol
> Subject: Re: [j-nsp] H-QoS support
>
> H-QoS is supported on the MICs, because these connect to the "Q" side of
> the switching ASIC. It is *not* supported on the builtin 10G ports (not
> relevant to the MX5 in any case).
> 

Thanks for the confirmation.  I was aware that 10G were only port-based queuing 
and I did find some more documentation that supports your statement, but 
whenever I enable hierarchical queuing on MIC slot 1 (the 10-port 1G MIC) of my 
MX5, I see this in the syslog:

dcd[1415]: DCD_PARSE_ERROR_HIER_SCHEDULER: ge-1/0/5: hierarchical or shared 
scheduler is not valid on this interface
dcd[1415]:  get_fpc_i2cid_from_ifd: Cannot determine FPC i2cid
dcd[1415]:  get_fpc_i2cid_from_ifd: Cannot determine FPC i2cid
dcd[1415]: check_hardware_encap_support_scheduler: fpc i2cid is invalid

Am I missing something here?  Is there a minimum release version?  I'm on 
12.3R5.7 at the moment and I shudder to think that I would have to go up to 
13.x.

-evt

_______________________________________________
juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

Reply via email to