On 21/Jul/15 14:41, Colton Conor wrote:
> What does the price point of the ME3600X/ASR920 platform look like?
> Looks like for at least the ASR920 and 10G SPF+ ports you have the buy
> the chassis and then upgrade licenses?

As with any vendor, the best deal you can do is one that won't be
published on a public mailing list.

But I'll tell you this, even with the various licenses the ASR920 has,
it is waaaaaaaaay cheaper than the ACX or QFX. And certainly about half
the cost of the ME3600X.

> Considering a Juniper GFX5100 is ~$11k brand new does it make any
> sense to go with something like an ASR920, or does the ASR have many
> more features than the Juniper QFX5100?

I'll say this, in reference to a fully or even reasonably licensed
ASR920, that QFX is over-priced.

But then again, perhaps you can wrestle Juniper's pricing down to
something low as well. It's hard to talk final prices as each deal is
each deal.

Feature-wise, the ASR920 will beat the QFX or ACX very easily. Even
though it's a switch, it's really a router.

> The 5100 has a ton of port built in, but is more of a switch than router.

Yes.

I think the ACX5000 is more of the router, but again, it's that Broadcom
job that gets in the way.

Mark.