I believe that the MX104-MX5 bundle is supposed to be locked to only allowing you to make use of a single MIC slot, like the MX5 version of the MX80. As to whether or not that is actually enforced…
Edward Dore Freethought Internet On 04/01/2018, 18:34, "juniper-nsp on behalf of Josh Baird" <[email protected] on behalf of [email protected]> wrote: Hi all, Given the MX104-MX5-AC bundle which comes with 1 20x 1GE MIC pre-installed (and none of the onboard 10Gbps interfaces enabled), is this box actually limited to 20Gbps overall throughput? Can I install another MIC (say the MIC-3D-2XGE-XFP) in an additional slot to gain 2 10Gbps interfaces without purchasing any additional licensing? If I do this, is overall throughput of the chassis still locked to 20Gbps (due to the original bundle)? I can't find anything (ie "show system license") that states there is an overall capacity restriction, but I'm hearing mixed things from various sources. Thanks. _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

