On 08. jan. 2018 12:10, Saku Ytti wrote:

On 8 January 2018 at 12:58, Benoit Plessis <[email protected]> wrote:

I can SCP any binary i want on any JunOS platform i own (EX,SRX,QFX),
QFX 5100 let you run arbitrary VM !
Pretty sure Gert meant that the binaries need to be signed since maybe
last 10years.
But I think if you can configure the box, you can change rootPW, turn
off signature verification and boot the box, unsure.

I don't think you can turn off signature verification.

"Juniper Networks routing platforms run only binaries supplied by Juniper Networks, and currently do not support third-party binaries. Each Junos OS image includes a digitally signed manifest of executables that are registered with the system only if the signature can be validated. Junos OS will not execute any binary without a registered signature. This feature protects the system against unauthorized software and activity that might compromise the integrity of your device."

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/junos-one-software-overview.html

And for brewity.  I just uploaded a pre-compiled version of "ls" to a juniper device, and I am not allowed to run it.

> start shell
% chmod 755 /var/tmp/ls
% /var/tmp/ls
/var/tmp/ls: Authentication error.

You can run your own shell-scripts through /sbin/sh, but I do not think that is enough to get any use out of these bugs:

% ./test.sh
./test.sh: Authentication error.

But:

% sh test.sh
Test



At any rate, I think it's uninteresting and unimportant topic, if you
can't trust people configuring your network, it's decidedly HR problem
and no amount of code or hardware will fix that.


_______________________________________________
juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

Reply via email to