On Wed, Apr 04, 2018 at 11:59:31AM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> Has anyone tried a copper SFP in an MX204?  With 18.1R1, the ports can
> be set to 1G mode, and I can use a fiber SFP, but a copper SFP doesn't
> work for me.  The router sees it, but the port shows "up" (even with no
> wire connected), and it won't actually pass any traffic when connected
> (both ends see transmits but 0 receives).

I've seen this with Finisar Copper-SFPs in 20x1G MICs which worked fine
in 40x1G DPCs. Swapping them out with Methode Elec. SFPs did the trick.

I remember that there were basically two different ways to signal
link status from SFP to host, and the Finisars didn't do it the way the
newer MX hardware expected it.

Best regards,
Daniel

--